Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Affordable Lobster

Mike Alvarado from Sevilla of Riverside writes:


I know what you’re thinking: “Affordable Lobster? Mike, that’s an oxymoron, it’s up there with Jumbo Shrimp or Non-Alcoholic Beer!”

OK, I’ll fully admit it’s contrary to what you know about good lobster. But you know, here at Sevilla, we’ve always done things a little bit differently. Just ask any of our regular customers: they come here because there is something different about us, even though they may not be able to put their finger on it. I believe what makes us different is a collection of many things, beginning with our amazing staff and incredible menu. Affordable lobster is just another one of those things that sets Sevilla apart.

I’m writing this to spread the word that Sevilla is the place to grab an affordable and tasty lobster dish. A couple of nights ago, I remember the looks on the faces of a few customers coming to Sevilla for the first time. I was describing our newest special, the Lobster Tapa. I described how we prepare the lobster with fresh shrimp sautéed with fresh vegetables, topped with the coup de grace: melted Manchego cheese imported from Spain. I told them the half-lobster is a great appetizer, a perfect start to any meal at Sevilla. As I described it, they turned away, and I could see they expected to hear me quote a high price.

Then I hit them with this: at Sevilla, the price for our Lobster Tapa is a mere $13 for a half lobster. Suddenly their eyes lit up and they were thinking, “How long has it been since I’ve had some good lobster?” “He’d better bring a bucket of butter, because that’s what I’m gonna use on this baby.”

This, my friends, is why I LOVE MY JOB. Good food does not always come at a high price. It is my constant pleasure to recommend food from our amazing menu, accompanied with a perfectly paired wine and a sinful dessert. The experience becomes something more than a simple meal, it’s a journey. I’m less of a waiter and more of a tour guide, showing people exactly where they need to go. When they end this journey with a smile, I know I’ve done my job well.

As for the first-time customers I was talking about earlier, at the end of the meal, they thanked me for recommending the Lobster Tapa and said how much they enjoyed it. One gentleman said he could not remember the last time he had good lobster before this, to which I responded “Sir, let’s hope that never happens again; you’re welcome to come back anytime and have some more.” The gentleman assured me that he would be back – another satisfied customer.

I now invite you all to come by Sevilla for a unique dining journey. We’re more than happy to be your guide on this unique culinary journey, and what better way to start than with our amazing Lobster Tapa! Reserve your table today on Open Table and tell them Mike sent ya!

Bonus offer: Show your server on your mobile device that you follow Sevilla on Twitter and get a free Tapita to go along with your Lobster!

No comments:

Post a Comment